I'm sure this will be funny someday, but it really really wasn't when it happened. And I'm still struggling to find the humor in it.
I duly started cleaning the house. I was doing great - I even emptied out two dressers in our bedroom and emptied the closet from clothes so I can organize clothes into (a) throw away (b) give away and (c) keep. My guess is that it should be about 30/50/20 split between those three categories. After I dumped everything out, my dad came over and the neighbor from across the treet came over and helped me move one dresser to the other side of the room, which frees up alot more space for Wheeler's wheelchair. We moved the other dresser down the wall, and moved the television to be centered on that dresser (finally, its been askance for 2 years!). To do all of this, I had to unhook all of the sterero components completely and then put them all back together. Somehow, it all worked - my dad hooked all the components up for me (so as to save me and Wheeler from filing for divorce - recall the 'just put that thing right there' conversation recently).
I started piling clothes into categories (a) and (b) together and then the (c) keep pile. As I was tossing something on one of the piles .... phssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhttttttttttt!!!! Suddenly yellow fog was blowing everywhere. I couldn't figure out the source and kept yelling 'what the hell? what the hell?' and I finally figured out that the fire extinguisher was under the clothing pile I was making and the lever had depressed. Which caused it to put out the fire that didn't exist. After I figured it out I shouted SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! Which caused Offspring to say "why are you saying shit mommy?".
Sigh.
There were yellow piles of anti-fire stuff everywhere. On the bed, on the floor, on the clothes, in the bathroom, everywhere. I'm glad it was in the toss/donate pile because that stuff doesn't come out at all. I rolled a giant trash bin in the house and tossed all of the clothes in the trash. Then I vacuumed for a long, long time - I even had to get out various attachments to get it sucked up. Then I cleaned up with a rag. Over and over again. Changed the bed sheets, mopped the bathroom floor, washed the windows, vacuumed again. Then I quit, it was so demoralizing, I just could not get back to cleaning/organizing. And I had to give the do what I say not what I do talk to Offpsring about all the swearing. Mother of the year I am.
And now I have a half ripped apart house that looks horrible. This is very depressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment