GREATEST
husband on the planet. He has been planning to buy a fancy new stereo (or pieces of it anyway) for many, many months. Then, totally out of the blue, he decided to buy a tempurpedic mattress for our bed instead. It came on Monday and oh.my.god.its.so.awesome. It is just as fabulous as you hear they are.
He bought it for me - the mattress will be 90% for my benefit. Our previous mattress was a vinyl covered thin, yet inexplicably hard, piece of crap that come with our very, very expensive custom made hospital style bed that we need for Wheeler. I hated it. Now and then I would give up and sleep upstairs in a real bed that is extraordinarily comfortable, but I'd feel really guilty.
Notice the past tense? NO MORE. I am sleeping downstairs for the rest of my life. Its a good thing I work from home, I am thinking of just working from bed all day, every day. It is soooooo comfortable. I sleep on my side alot and my hip hurt alot from laying on my hip bone on that hard mattress. NO MORE. When I lay on my side, my hip bones sink into the mattress so that I'm much more supported and comfortable.
The benefit for Wheeler, we hope, is that he will be more supported so that he is less likely to get pressure sores. Although, ever since coming back from New Zealand with 3 spiffy full, seamless sheepskins, he hasn't had a single sore. But still, the hard mattress wasn't all that comfortable for him either since he can't roll around and find a comfortable position. But he's noticed several nice things for him - first and foremost, he doesn't feel it when I thrash all over the bed (I box in my sleep apparently, I never stay still for more than a few minutes, at least that's what I've been told). When I would move, the entire bed would bounce and he'd wake up or get irritated (or both) by that. But now, I can dance the can-can on it and he doesn't feel a thing. Also, when I roll him back in forth in bed to dress him or for caring for him, it feels mucho better on his arms and shoulders. Instead of being rolled up on his shoulder on a hard board, he sinks in too and it really feels alot better for him. But, he didn't know any of these things when he bought it. He bought it for me. For moi!
My husband is the GREATEST MAN IN THE WORLD. Bar none.
I'm not getting out of bed anytime soon*.
* and that also makes HIM happy ... (yes, he can is the answer)!
No comments:
Post a Comment