Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Santa Secret

How Offspring still believes in Santa, I'll never know. I outright told him 3 years ago that I am Santa, but he has since told me that he knows that I told him that just to "make me feel better because back when I was a little kid, I was afraid of Santa and the Easter Bunny breaking in like robbers. But now I'm not afraid of that". Me thinks he just figures that he gets more presents if he believes in Santa, not knowing that he'd still get just as many presents sans Santa, it'd just be that they'd all be under the tree and from us. On that note, I picked up Offspring and one of his friends from school the other day because its been so ungodly cold (high teens temp with winds 25-30 mph taking the windchill near zero). Offspring walked ahead a bit and his friend said to me "I'm kinda sad because last night my mom told me the Santa Secret". I said "well, don't tell Offspring!". She said "Oh no, I wouldn't, my mom made me promise to never tell anyone... (pause) ... wait! (with panic in her eyes) YOU know the Santa secret right??". Me trying not to laugh "What Santa Secret? ... (pause) ... yes, I know".

No comments:

Post a Comment