How on earth did that happen?
My adorable little baby boy is a teenager now. And now that he is a teenager here are the only responses I get from him, no matter the question:
Rrrrrrmmmmphhfffttt.
I dunno.
Seriously, that's it. "How was school" Rrrrrrmmmmphhfffttt. Do you have any homework? I dunno. Are you hungry - do you want me to make dinner now? Rrrrrrmmmmphhfffttt. Would you like me to give you a million dollars? Rrrrrrmmmmphhfffttt.
And his hair is a big giant shaggy mess. And he lives in his boy cave upstairs. He has completely overtaken the upstairs - his room, the toy room (although he probably now would object to that area being called the "toy" room) and the guest room. And my Felix Unger has now turned into a slob!! What happened to my neat-as-a-pin, couldn't go to school until his room was straightened up and bed made boy? And oh my god, he talks on the phone CONSTANTLY. I remember doing that as a kid.
We force him every night to have one unplugged hour of family time, where he has to spend the time with us, talking - or if not talking, at least being with us. He is none to happy with that arrangement, but the beatings will continue until morale improves!
Yeah, yup, uh-huh, teenager years have struck.
No comments:
Post a Comment