Offspring is currently learning to tie his shoes. He was practicing and I was busy doing something else and so I told him to have Wheeler help him do it. As I was flitting about the house doing whatever it was that I doing, I heard Wheeler saying ....
Errr. Uhhhh. uummmmm, well first I think there's somthing about a bush.
(pause)
Hmmmm. Can you make a loop?
(pause)
.... then I think you ... ummm .... uhhhh....
(pause)
Puzzled, I came in and Wheeler admitted he could not remember how to tie shoes. I doubled over in laughter and Julian announced "WHEELER!!! You're a grownen-up - you are 'posed to know how to tie shoes" in a very annoyed lisp little boy voice and hands on his little boy hips.
Wheeler admitted that since he hadn't tied his own shoes in 18 years, and that he flat forgot how to. It makes me giggle every time I think about.
I am pleased to inform you though Offspring can tie his shoes now. No thanks to Wheeler though!
No comments:
Post a Comment