Offspring gets motion sickness. It started a few years ago when we took a cruise and the ship hit 11 foot waves the first night out to sea. It wasn't that big of a ship relatively speaking, so it was rockin' and rollin' pretty good. Or badly, depending on your perspective. I get ridiculously motion sick on airplanes, boats, and in anything I'm not driving, particularly at night. And for the last 6 months at least, Offspring has really suffered from car sickness virtually every time we go somewhere for more than just a 5 minute run to the store.
He went to a 3-D type movie about a year ago and it made him feel sick, although he didn't actually throw up. Because of his increasing motion sickness, I didn't think it was such a swell idea for his dad to take him a few weeks ago to the new U2 imax movie where they even supply you with those weird paper glasses that make things jump out from the screen into your lap. They went anyway and so I said (mostly) jokingly "If you have to throw up, be sure you throw up on dad". He didn't throw up as it turned out.
When he came home that night from the movie, I reminded him about how when he was a baby that I tried to get him to throw up on me because that way I could just change my clothes - and possibly wipe my eyes and rinse out my hair, depending on the velocity of the barf - rather than scrub the carpet and walls. He always finds that to be a funny story.
Fast forward to Sunday. It was exceptionally windy and to land, they ended up having to circle 4 times and it was extremely turbulent the entire way from Detroit to here. During one of the circling landing attempts, Offspring barfed. As he was telling me this story upon his return home he said:
"And mom? When I felt like I had to barf, I knew just what to do. I barfed on Grandma".
No comments:
Post a Comment