Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Have you ever tried to call a movie theatre?

Well, good luck. 

For showtimes, press 1.For directions, press 2. For prices, press 3. For advance ticket sales, press 4. 

(silence)

Hnmmm. I want to talk to a real person. I need to know when Indiana Jones is showing in a big theatre instead of the crappy ones where we have to sit in the very front row. No option for 'talk to real person instead of annoying canned message'. 

Blogauthor pushes 0. 

Welcome to Carmike Cinemas! For showtimes, press 1. For directions, press ......

Argh. 

Blogauthors googles / switchboards / 411s / searchs high and low for another phone number .... ah-ha! Finds one. Dials. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring..... 

(insert 2 minutes of ringing here)

... Ring. Ring. Ring. 

Tries autobot line again, pushing *0, #, #0, 109 (hoping to get an extension maybe). Nope. Yell into phone hoping maybe it has voice recognition. Nope. Hang up, try again, maybe I missed something that first 6 times I tried. Nope. Regoogle, reswitchboard, re411, research. Nope.

I JUST WANNA KNOW WHEN INDIANA JONES IS PLAYING IN A NON-CRAPPY THEATRE! 

Is that really too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment