Thursday, February 10, 2011
Serendiptous shampoo
Wheeler frequently has an itchy head, and because he has no arm function whatsoever, he is often in misery from having an itchy scalp and no way to scratch it. We have tried a million anti-itch / anti-dandruff shampoos and a few are ok, but none have really helped substantially. Lately, Dog has the same problem - minus the paralysis! When I was at the pet store the other day buying food, I found some "hot spot & anti-itch" shampoo that is medicated with lidocaine and hydrocortisone - it is an over the counter shampoo. So in a "keep your peanut butter out of my chocolate, keep your chocolate out of my peanut butter" moment, I realized as I was washing Dog with it (and letting it sit for 10 mins, I had alot of time to think this over - just try staring at a wet dog for 10 minutes, you'll see what I mean) that this could be perfect for Wheeler. So the next time Wheeler was in the the shower, I washed his hair with Dog's shampoo. It turned out to be a match made in heaven. I wash his hair, massage it in deeply with my fingers and let it sit on his head for 5-10 minutes. Him in previous sentences applies to both Dog and Wheeler. Consider this my public service message for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment