Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Hampshire mustaches

French's is a tiny independent, locally owned toy store that has been in Concord NH for decades.  It has nearly gone under a few times, especially recently, and almost totally closed this past year, but somehow it hung on thanks to a decent Christmas season.  It has a truly skeleton crew of toys at the moment, but that matters not, Offspring and Niece-ette (the younger of my brother's two girls); they love French's, no matter how pathetic the inventory.  Every time Offspring is here, they go spend time (and considerable dough) at French's toy store.  This time I went with them and they were carefully considering their options: they each had $20 to spend.  As they were weighing their various options, Aunt Sister in Law exclaimed loudly and with glee 

You guys! They have MUSTACHES!

which led to a stampede to her location, to see just what that meant.  It is a hilarious assortment of fake mustaches to stick to your face, including variations such as the handlebar, the sheriff and everything in between - there are 7 or 8 in total.  We thought about going home and having everyone pose with the mustaches, but then I realized that this would be the absolute perfect cold vector and we all thought better of it.  All to the benefit of French's though ... as we ended up buying two mustache kits - one for each kid.  

Tonight Niece-ette and Offspring, who I've taken to calling Thing Four and Thing Five (which is very funny if you know my maiden name) are sleeping under the stairs; there is a little alcove there.  A sleepover, but I think they will end up upstairs, so I've already set up a bed for them in a room, a room OTHER THAN MY ROOM, so tonight I get the bed all to my glorious self, ALONE. A-L-O-N-E. Ahhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment