Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Toilets and he's just so damned agreeable

I am really really REALLY tired of dysfunctional toilets. Any regular reader of my blog, or visitor to our house knows that we have serious toilet issues in this house, to say the least (and at least 4 people who read my blog on a regular basis have experienced this). Currently only two (of 5) toilets actually work. One is in Offspring's room upstairs, but you have to hold the handle down for a long time to get it to flush. The other is in the upstairs apartment area, and the same caveat about holding the handle down applies. Plus is really, really cold up there right now. Poor CountryGrrrrl had to sneak into Offspring's room at night to use the bathroom since the one in the guest room doesn't work and the apartment was too cold to sleep in. The one in our bedroom has a big drip in it such that it runs all the time. So I shut the water off until I can fix it. The one in the guest room has never worked (despite Daniel's best efforts, thank you) so I shut the water off there too. The one in the downstairs hallway regularly overflows. It has overflowed at least 10 times in the last week and its making me crazy. 

You know what makes me crazy about Wheeler? He has a habit of answering questions I don't ask. I like to ask yes/no questions. He likes to answer with anything but a yes or no. 

Are you hungry? 
I could eat. 
Yes, but ARE YOU HUNGRY??

His favorite response is 'that would be fine'. 

Do you want a blanket on you? 
That would be fine. 
But do you WANT a blanket on you? 

Do you want me to shower you now or later? 
That would be fine. 
Uhhhhh, which one, now or later? 

Should I turn on the humidifier? 
That would be fine. 
Yes or no my man, YES or NO!! 

I really should be grateful he is so agreeable, for he is above all else agreeable. But I am well known to be cranky, easily irritated and downright annoying*. So even agreeableness annoys me. I need to work on that. Maybe on a day the friggin' toilet doesn't overflow.

No comments:

Post a Comment