I step into nice hot shower, where I get all nice and warm, a welcome break from the chilliness of the morning air at the farmhouse in New Hampshire where we're visiting my brother and his family. Then I hear.....
MOM!!!!!!!
I stick my head out. Cold air rushes in.
WHAT? (thinking there better be a damn good reason for interrupting my hot shower in a cold farmhouse)
WHAT? (thinking there better be a damn good reason for interrupting my hot shower in a cold farmhouse)
WHERE ARE MY SNOWPANTS?
BY THE FIREPLACE!
OH. OK!
Mutter, mutter, that was not a good reason since they were in plain friggin' sight. I stick my head back in, warm up again, lather up....
MOM!!!!!!!
I lean out with suds in my hair, trying not to get suds in my eyes, as the cold rushes into my shower again.
Me, exasperated: WHAT?!????!!!!!!
WHERE IS MY PARKA?
Me, leaning out again: WHAT, ARE YOU BLIND BOY? RIGHT BY WHERE YOUR SNOWPANTS ARE!
OH. OK!
Good grief. I'm beginning at this point to think he really is blind, and just as I think that...
MOM!!!!!
Now I'm beyond exasperated and into irritated. Still with suds in my hair, I lean out and inform him that
YOUR GLOVES, SOCKS, WORM*, HELMET, GOGGLES, VEST, AND APPARENTLY YOUR BRAIN ARE ALL BY THE FIREPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND STOP PESTERING ME WHILE I'M IN THE SHOWER!
Why can't I just have 5 minutes of peace? Its the curse of motherhood.
* the worm is one of these, I don't know the actual name of it. Its an absolute necessity when skiing or sledding when its single digits in New Hampshire. He also wears one under his bike helmet when its cold (relatively speaking, when its high 20s, low 30s).


No comments:
Post a Comment