Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mommy fail

Offspring was 20 minutes late from school... I went to the bus stop and he wasn't there.  Where could he be?!?!?!  Mind you, I had JUST watched a show about a kid who was literally snatched off the street and kidnapped, so with that fresh on my mind I started to worry a little..... then a little more ... heart starting to pound, I suddenly remember ... OOPS!!  He attended photography club after school and I WAS SUPPOSED TO PICK HIM UP!  2 minutes later he called me, peeved, saying "MOM, you FORGOT me didn't you?!" to which I had to sheepishly admit ummmm, yeah... so poor kid had to sit in the heat for 45 minutes waiting for me.  Doink!!!

Earlier in the day, I ground up some coffee beans ... or rather, TRIED to because as soon as I started to grind them, the lid flew off and spewed half ground, half not coffee beans all over me, the counter, the sink and the floor.  What the hell?!  Some kind of plastic lining inside the grinder had broken, became ensnared in the blades and caused the whole thing to seize up.

Mommy fail day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment