Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Really good ideas

I cannot tell from year to year how old Offspring is in his school pictures.  He has been basically the same size, or very close in size, for 5+ years, so its really difficult to pin down what school year his photos come from.  As a result, I have a drawer full of photos that I can't date.  Today is picture date.  I devised a scheme that would be very handy: write on his shirt "I am 11 years old and in 6th grade".  Brilliant, doncha think?

One of the worst feelings is when you go to put wet clothes in the dryer, only to find a full load of dry clothes that you neglected to take out and fold when they were done.  Hate that!  Happened to me last night.  Bah humbug.  Meant I had to fold up 4 loads of laundry instead of 3.

Yesterday Offspring got a big glass out of the cupboard and filled it to the tippy top with milk.  I noted to him, belatedly, that just because a glass is a certain size does not compel him to fill it to the top of the glass.  He turned and said "But mom, I'm a thirsty guy!".  Who can argue with that eh?  And damned if he didn't drink it all.  But probably only because I told him he better and I gave him the mommy death stare.  Otherwise I know half or more of it would have been leftover and I would have had to find a place for it in our overstuffed fridge.

Wheeler got me these, aren't they FAB?????
They were extremely expensive, but he says I deserve them.  Hell, why not - have to splurge now and then,

Two adorable young college fraternity guys came to our place Saturday to take an extra TV we had back to the fraternity house where Wheeler was a member during college.  Today they messaged Wheeler and said that as part of pledging, the youngest guys needed to meet alumni and do work, and so did we need anything done, like cleaning out an attic or a garage? YES!!!!! and YES!!!!!!! How awesome is this?  I really super need strapping young lads to carry crap down from the attic and four of them could make very short work of it. Ditto the garage.  Combine that with a few loads to the city dump and I will have a clean attic and garage in a few weeks.  Hooray! I may have to change my tune about fraternities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment