Saturday, September 22, 2012

Really tall

We have been fiddling with using different cushions to combat a pressure sore that keeps developing on a certain spot on Wheeler's rump area.  Bascially, we rotate between a Supracor Stimulite

and a Roho
I got him dressed in bed, got him in the sling, put the Roho cushion down on the seat of the chair and put him in the chair.  Immediately, we knew something was off because he was sitting really high up - so far up that we couldn't even swing the chin control around past his shoulder.  I leaned him back using the attendant controls on the back, and we managed to get him leaned back to I could try to arrange him to get the height issue resolved.

But every time I sat him up, he was still really tall sitting up.  His feet literally dangled above the foot plate, he was that high up.  The only thing we could figure out is that Uncle Air Force must have pumped up the Roho (we had discussed pumping it up) and he must have seriously overinflated it.

Then I suddenly realized.

I neglected to take the Stimulite cushion off BEFORE I put the Roho on.  He was sitting on TWO cushions.  (insert drum ba bump bump here).  I am an idiot.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious and only something another caregiver could truly uncerstand! My husband has to have a Jay j2 cushion that we get from sunrise mendical. It has a big gel pad in the back. Dennis just got over a pressure sore on his behind and we are still fighting a couple on his elbow and heel. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete