Small boy is terrorizing the small cat with our new hairdryer. It's really quite amusing and well deserved because that cat is just a PEST lately. She has been running around as if possessed for about a week straight, and she *launches* off of any and all available surfaces and onto any and all available surfaces. Therefore, she is to be declawed on Tuesday. Tuesday cannot get here fast enough!!
So we were watching Star Wars tonight and he told me during it that he had three wishes that he really, really, really wanted to be true and did I want to know what they were? Yes, I said. 1) to be a girl; 2) to wear glasses and 3) to be a cat. So, to summarize, my son wants to be a bespectacled female feline. Should this worry me? So, I asked him why he wanted these things and he said that he wanted to be just like me. When I mentioned that I am a not a cat, he said "oh, it would just be fun to be a kitty". So I guess this shouldn't worry me (laugh). I told him that I am exactly like my dad, but that my dad doesn't wear glasses and that he is a boy. That you can be just like someone but not be exactly the same. He appeared to appreciate that explanation then proceeded to shoot me dead with his improvisation light sabre consisting of several markers stuck together bottom to caps. Ah, the life of a mother of a Small Boy.
Wheeler is still completely coma-toast from this infection. Because he's on extra super good higher doses of narcotics, he is having bizarre dreams that he confuses with reality. Just now, for example, he awoke and said to me "I guess you can just forget about those chili nachos". I was like "hhhuh??????" and he said, "you know, ummmm, the uhhhh, those, err..... zzzzzzzzzz" back to sleep. Five minutes later he said it again and I told he had not asked me for nachos at all today and he said that he could have sworn that I told him I bought chili at Harris Teeter today. Ummm, no. Narcotics are wonderful things eh? Good grief, I can't wait until he gets back to his usual self!!
No comments:
Post a Comment