I took Offspring to the asthma doctor this morning, and the receptionist handed me a form to fill out that was exactly the same as the form at the top of his chart that she was holding. The form has on it his name, date of birth, address, phone number, insurance, parent's names, etc. Nothing on the form is about medications or things that or symptoms, just demographics and insurance (which could change, but in our case, hadn't).
She: please update this form.
Me: <glancing> oh, it's all the same, nothing has changed.</glancing>
She: <snippy> well, you still have to fill it out again.</snippy>
Me: (I take it and look at it more carefully)
Me: <politely> Ma'am, every single thing on this form is exactly the same, not one thing has changed, so there's really no point in me filling it out again.</politely>
She: <not politely=""> You still have to fill it out. </not>
Me: <annoyed> Well can't I just cross out the date on that one and call it good enough?</annoyed>
She: <loudly> NO. </loudly>
Me: <crossly> FINE. </crossly>
Hrumph! How stupid it that????? It was literally word for word 100% the same.
And while I'm on the subject, why the hell do I have to HAND COPY down our insurance policy number, group number, address for claims, employer, blahdee blahdee, when they photocopy the damn PRINTED CARD (that you can, say, actually read versus my shitty handwriting) when you walk in? And they take your photo ID and copy that too (just in case they need someone's ID for the Friday beer run??).
Hrumph!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment