Monday, September 26, 2011

What are the odds of THAT?

I went to the first home preseason Canes game last Friday, and I went alone because we only had one ticket, and even though I could have gotten ahold of more than one ticket, Wheeler wasn't feeling well from another UTI.  The ticket was on the upper deck and the place was deserted.  It was excruciatingly dull to watch the game alone from that high up, and so I considered leaving after the 1st period.  Instead I decided to upgrade my situation - since it is just preseason, and the place was really empty, the ushers didn't care about people moving down after the 1st.  So I moved down to about 8 rows up off the ice and enjoyed the 2nd period much more. 

Between the 2nd and the 3rd, the little boy seated in front of me turns around and says "Ma'am? Does your son go to (insert my kid's elementary school name here)".  I looked stunned and said "Yes?" and he said "Are you Offspring's mom?", to which I said with surprise "Yes...", to which he replied "I'm Matthew and I'm in his class".

[insert feather]  Me  [insert fallen over]

This arena has almost 18,000 seats people - what are the odds of that?  A kid in my kid's class - and that he recognized me, and that I picked that seat out of all the seats on the lower level to sit in.  And that he was brave enough to speak up and say hello (my kid would have sat in silence and said nothing).  Bizarre.  Life is stranger than fiction sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment