Friday, May 11, 2012

5 Decisions Away

Do you watch the A&E show "Hoarders"?  If you do, you probably will recognize the name Matt Paxton; he is one of the extreme cleaner guys - the dude who shovels shit (literally) and cleans up the worst hoarding houses.  Well, as it turns out he has a podcast (iTunes) and a website - both named "5 Decisions Away".  The premise behind the name is that one is always just 5 decisions away from a life changing event - good or bad (if you watch the show, you know what the "bad outcome" he refers to is... I'll not gross you out and write it out here). His podcast is about 90 mins long weekly and this week's is episode 27 or 28 I think.  Usually the first half is just shooting the breeze and various stories, and the second half is generally about hoarding - although not always.  He is a natural born storyteller, a true raconteur, and I enjoy listening to his podcasts.  I have gone back and listened to about 15 of them so far, and plan to listen to all of them (goodbye 38 hours of my life....).  Warning: the humor is raunchy, raw and not G-rated in the slightest. But if you lean towards that kind of humor .... go listen - its hilarious, disgusting, touching, and informative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment