Whenever Wheeler has a UTI, we take in a sample of his urine after he finishes the course of the prescribed antibiotic to make sure (or not) that the infection has cleared (or not). He has been fighting a UTI for about 8 weeks now, and this is his 3rd course of antibiotics - the last 2 which has failed - which we know because each time we took the sample in after the 2 courses, his urine was still dirty. He just finished his 3rd round of antibiotics, so today I took a sample in.
But, to get a sample run, you have to get past evil Sylvia at the front desk of the urologist's office. She is a rip roaring pain in my ass, and she truly enjoys being a pain in the butt. EVERY time I take in a sample, I tell her that I am merely there to drop a sample off to the lab, that the specimen cup is clearly labeled with his name, birthdate and that it needs a C&S (culture and sensitivity) run. She then looks ever so puzzled in a syrupy sweet southern way, and says with sugar "Does he have an appointment with Dr. B today?", knowing full well he doesn't since I JUST SAID I WAS DROPPING OFF A SAMPLE ... that and HE'S NOT WITH ME. So I say, no, I am just here to drop off the sample after the prescribed course of antibiotics, as per Dr. B's instructions. Then she says "Well, I'm sorry, he has to have an appointment with the doctor in order to do that".
NO HE DOESN'T!!!!!! I then argue with her for 5 minutes that no, he doesn't need a FRIGGIN' APPOINTMENT to drop off a sample. The entire time, she acts as if no one has EVER in the course of her ENTIRE employment at a UROLOGIST'S office has come to drop off a urine sample without an appointment. She then says that he at least has to have a nurse's visit scheduled, then she pulls up the calendar and suggests a date in the next decade.
I AM DROPPING THE SAMPLE OFF TODAY LADY.
She then insists again that I just cannot drop a sample off like this, and I will tell her, yes, I can. I tell her to ask Dr. B's nurse. She SIGHED LOUDLY, and told me to sit down and wait. She then tended to her fingernails, answered the phone, filed charts and chit chatted for 20 minutes before going back to ask Dr. B's nurse. As soon as she came back from the back, she said "Oh, yes, Dr. B said you can drop that off, the lab is just through that door".
Gee thanks.
And the dance will continue the next time. I wish they would fire that wench.

No comments:
Post a Comment