Monday, June 4, 2012

Boarding an airplane: Southwest vs the rest of the world


I have been spoiled by flying Southwest exclusively for the past few years, and I have now flown "regular" airlines twice in the last two weeks.  They boarded in, approximately, this order:
  1. Grand supreme ultimate stupendous mileage plus triple crown golden sash card members
  2. Ultimate plus super collosal humogous mileage double platinum partner members
  3. Golden crown golden preferred gold club standard members
  4. Sapphire preferred perks mileage plus club members
  5. Preferred perks I still have more miles than you schlepps members
  6. Persons with disabilties
  7. Section 1
  8. Section 2
  9. Section 3
  10. Section 4
  11. Section 5
  12. Section 6
  13. Section 7
  14. Last and final boarding call
Guess where I was? (if you are triple gold crown double sash dense, ask yourself how I know last and final boarding call comes after Section 7).  It's also worth mentioning here that the airplane I was boarding had a whopping 21 rows. 

Now here's how they board on Southwest
  1. Persons with disabilties and families with small children
  2. Section A
  3. Section B
  4. Section C
  5. We love you but we will leave you, so get yourself on board now!
See why I like Southwest?

1 comment:

  1. The flight attendants on the "other" airlines are so snooty. I love Southwest.

    ReplyDelete