So in the midst of all the chaos and scariness on Thursday, there was a funny story....
So Rex now has free valet parking at the ER. So when I arrived in the
morning, I had them valet it. Fast forward to 4:30 pm, I was
sitting at the cafeteria having dinner with Offspring's dad (he does
cardiac procedures here in the OR) and I mentioned the free valet
parking. He asked what time they closed and I realized I had no idea. So I swung back by the ER to tell Wheeler I was going
to move the car and then headed out to the valet stand. I figured they
closed at 9 pm if I were guessing, but since they were admitting him, I
thought that I may as well move my car and give someone else a space to
park.
I go out. Valet
stand is gone, to the side and locked up. OH NO!!!! I look around, no
one to be found. Then, in the far distance, in the staff parking lot, I
see the blue coats of the two valet guys heading to their own personal
cars to leave. Desperate, I ran as fast as I could towards them and
when I got within shouting distance I yelled at the top of my lungs.....
"HEY VALET GUYS!!!!" They turned around. "I'LL GIVE YOU $20 TO GET MY CAR OUT OF VALET JAIL!!!!".
They both turned around and beat feet! So I got my car and was able to
drive home. Otherwise I would have been stuck here at the hospital
after an all night flight with no shower, without my medications, no toiletries, no
books, etc.
The power of $20!
Also, update from today -
he is still doing really well. Have to stay 2 more days now though
because his blood culture grew out some bacteria, but we'll survive
another day. Offspring's dad and Offspring came last night and we spent two
hours laughing our butts off - all the nurses remarked that it sounded
we had a great time, and we sure did!!! They are coming back today too.
So we're looking forward to that. And I'm making great progress on my
scarf.
No comments:
Post a Comment